Saturday, June 6, 2009

Delayed in Miami

6/5/09
Miami Airport

Waking up at 4 this morning was not fun... I got everything in the car and said bye to my dog and headed for the Omaha Airport. During the hour flight to Dallas I attempted to sleep. Dallas had a really nice airport and I had Reese's Puffs with bananas from Cereality. I felt like I was already in Peru, because the main language in the Dallas Airport was Spanish. Then I boarded my flight to Miami and attempted to sleep on that flight as well. I was met at my gate by my friend and travel partner, John Danello. We walked from concourse D to concourse E looking for a Chili's To Go which sounded like a sit down restaurant. Upon arrival in concourse E we quickly realized we never should have left concourse D for food so we walked back. On this walk John got an email from Marilu and Nia saying that his deployment site was canceled and he would now be in a much colder climate than he packed for. This caused some anxiety and internet/iPhone problems in the airport did not help. John is currently working on contacting people. Our flight for Lima leaves in a few hours...

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you can lend a sweater! How was the orientation?

    ReplyDelete